News & Events
- This December 5th, do your holiday shopping at Ten Thousand Villages in downtown Bethesda. 15% of your purchase will go to support Bethesda Cares!
- Take a “Bold Bite” out of homelessness! From 4 to 8:30 on December 8, 30% of your purchase of any of the delicious food at Bold Bites Bethesda will benefit Bethesda Cares’ work.
- Click here for more information on our subscription-based Breakfast Roundtable; December 10th, we are honored to host Attorney-General Elect Brian Frosh.
Here’s a great piece in The New Yorker about why Housing First makes financial sense: Home Free (September 22, 1014)
Curley’s Q food truck came by our lunch program, serving up bbq and smiles for our clients. Click here and here for coverage. (Bethesda Magazine, September 29, 2014; Bethesda Now, September 29, 2014).
Great fundraiser with Rock Spring Market! Click here to read all about it. (Bethesda Now, August 20, 2014)
Click here for a great summary of our outreach work. (Bethesda Now, June 11, 2014)
Cold weather is dangerous for people experiencing homelessness. Click here for a short video on our work.
Bethesda Cares is teaming up with the Uniformed Services University to coordinate volunteer medical care, on the streets for people experiencing homelessness, and in the homes of newly-housed clients. Read the full story here.
Read a profile of Bethesda Cares’ work in Inside Bethesda magazine’s 9/2013 article: Homelessness-Tackling a Problem.
“Almost Homeless,” 2012 Eviction Prevention Project
Follow our blog on the Huffington Post:
- Can I Put My Nose In Your Cup? (September 9, 2014)
- Sometimes Your Clothing Is Disposable Even If You Don’t Want It To Be (August 18, 2014)
- How Do You Register to Vote If You’re Homeless? (June 26, 2014)
- Key to Healthcare? Key to Housing. (June 16, 2014)