If you are interested in joining this series please contact us.
The Breakfast Roundtable is a wonderful way to support Bethesda Cares and enjoy an intimate setting with some of the Washington-area’s leaders in politics, media and sports. Each quarter, Bethesda Cares hosts a breakfast with a very interesting speaker in a small-group setting. Attendees have an opportunity to enjoy a delicious breakfast, spend some time with friends and Bethesda Cares board members; listen to a fascinating discussion from the guest speaker; and have an opportunity to ask your own questions of the speaker. Since this group is limited to 50 participants, everyone has a chance to make their own inquiry to the speaker. In addition, our speakers frequently make themselves available before or after breakfast for individual questions or comments.
Participants often leave the event knowing they will be the most interesting person at the water cooler for the rest of the week!
The following is a list of our previous speakers:
- Attorney General Brian Frosh
- George Wallace, WTOP
- George Leventhal, County Council
- Dr. Beth Ferris, Brookings Institute
- Congressmen Chris Van Hollen from Maryland’s 8th District
- Isiah “Ike” Leggett, Montgomery County Executive
- Tom Friedman, New York Times/Bestselling author
- Dr. Anthony Faucci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
- James Brown FOX & CBS Sports reporter
- Doug Duncan, at the time, Montgomery County Executive
- Cokie Roberts, ABC & NPR reporter, author & favorite of the Sunday morning talk shows.
- Tim Brant ABC-7 Sports Reporter
- Steve Silverman, at the time, Montgomery County Council Member
- Alec Klein, investigative reporter, Washington Post
- Dr. Christopher Brewer, historian, Abraham Lincoln scholar
- Doro Bush, author, daughter and sister to the former Presidents
- EJ Dionne, author, and syndicated writer of politics and policy in over 90 newspapers
- Ambassador Connie Morella, and former Congresswoman, Maryland’s 8th District
- Chris Matthews, Host of Hardball, MSNBC
- Webster Hubell, former U.S. Deputy Attorney General
- Johnny Holliday, Radio personality, and “voice of the Maryland Terrapins football”
- Mark Shields, Syndicated columnist and political commentator
- Jan Fox, Reporter, anchor, author & speaker coach
- Dr. David Ted George, Chief Section of Clinical Assessment & Treatment Evaluation, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, NIH
- Mark Shriver, author and Senior Vice President of US Programs at Save the Children
- Barry Svrluga, Washington Post Sports Reporter
- Kenneth Feinberg, Attorney, specializing in mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Kenneth Walsh, Author and Chief White House Correspondent at US News & World Report
- Kenneth Falke, Navy combat veteran and founder of the Wounded EOD Warrior Fdn.
- Michael Oxley, former Congressman and Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee