Bethesda Cares on Front Line of National Movement (Bethesda Now, 6/11/14)
Homelessness in Bethesda Down 65%: Visible Local Impact of 100k Homes Campaign. Click here to learn more.
Click here for Bethesda Magazine’s interview with Bethesda Cares about the 2014 Point-In-Time Count (May 15, 2014)
Bethesda Cares is teaming up with the Uniformed Services University to coordinate volunteer medical care, on the streets for people experiencing homelessness, and in the homes of newly-housed clients. Read the full story here.
Reaching Out Via the Kitchen (New York Times, March 8, 2014)
Bethesda Cares Does Medical Triage (Bethesda Now, December 12, 2013)
The Way Home (Bethesda Magazine, March-April 2013)
Read a profile of Bethesda Cares’ work in Inside Bethesda’s 9/13 article: Homelessness-Tackling a Problem.
Montgomery County Tackles Panhandling (Washington Post, September 10, 2013)
“Almost Homeless,” 2012 Eviction Prevention Project
Bethesda Cares Honored for Work by National Alliance on Mental Illness – Montgomery County, BethesdaNow (November, 2012)
Federal Government Radio (WFED 1500AM) Interview with Bethesda Cares (May 24, 2012)
Uniformed Services University Newsletter (December 4, 2012)
Follow our blog on the Huffington Post:
- How Do You Register To Vote If You’re Homeless? (June 26, 2014)
- Key to Healthcare? Key to Housing. (June 16, 2014)
- What If Your Safety Net Doesn’t Feel Safe? (May 28, 2014)
- Sometimes, You Just Gotta Get Away (Even If You’re Homeless) (May 13, 2014)
- I Have No Idea Who’s Sitting Next to You. But You Don’t, Either. (May 6, 2014)
- Much Ado About Mayo (May 1, 2014)
To read earlier posts, click here.
Hope you enjoy your summer!